Join LEAD FCS Education
An association is a synergistic group, meaning that the effect of a collection of people is greater than just one person. So, how exactly can becoming part of this synergistic group help further your career goals and the Family and Consumer Sciences profession?
- Associate Members come from a variety of backgrounds, including local Career & Technical Education (CTE) and FCS administrators, leaders of partner organizations and companies.
- Active Members are state leaders of Family & Consumer Sciences Education programs, who may carry the title of program/career field specialist, education consultant, program administrator, director, Family and Consumer Sciences (Postsecondary) Teacher Educators, and/or FCCLA state adviser. They are typically employed by the agency authorized to receive and manage federal CTE Perkins funds or at a university level.
- Provide a national network for group dialog and group action on issues of national importance to Family and Consumer Sciences Education.
- Provide opportunity for discussion and mutual understanding of the diverse responsibilities of state leadership for Family and Consumer Sciences Education.
- Provide an avenue for disseminating information to strengthen and improve Family and Consumer Sciences Education in schools.
- Advocate for Family and Consumer Sciences Education with business & industry and postsecondary partners working toward common goals.
- Advocate for Family and Consumer Sciences Education with organizations, agencies, and postsecondary, working toward common goals.
- Contribute to factual information of benefit to Family and Consumer Sciences Education on a national basis.
- Promote student, teacher, and state participation in Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America Inc. (FCCLA) programs and activities, and to support the goals and objectives of the national career and technical student organization and its intra-curricular relationship to Family and Consumer Sciences Education.
LEAD FCS Membership Dues
Partner with LEAD FCS
LEAD FCS Education seeks out partners to collaborate on a variety of projects, including:
Join Lead FCS to build your leadership, professional network, and Family and Consumer Sciences support system! -Melissa Webb, CA